SIGNING YOUR CHILD IN AND OUT:
- Please be here at least 10 minutes before your child’s class is to begin. This gives you time to sign-in, ask questions, etc.
- It is required that you escort and sign your child in at the sign-in table for their first period and pick them up from their last period classroom ON TIME after signing them out at the sign-in table. Please make sure your phone number in The Hub is up-to-date so you can be reached if necessary. In compliance with Calvary Chapel policy, students are required to be within the Chosen Co-op setting or physically with the parent. They are NOT allowed to roam the property unattended! Thank you!
OUR SICK POLICY:
There are many yucky illnesses out there now and we want to do our best to keep our students healthy. We ask that if your family has been exposed to the Flu, Rotavirus, Strep Throat, H1N1 Virus, etc. to NOT bring your child to class. It is unfair to expose the rest of the children and the staff to these illnesses. We will do our best to have the students wash their hands frequently as well. Please help us to keep our co-op healthy! Thank you!
OUR DRESS CODE:
Our co-op is growing more and more each semester. We are thrilled with our growth, in particular…our high school crowd. However, with so many students comes the responsibility of making sure that our co-op has a standard of dress code that encourages modesty and Godly thinking.
Remember, if a student does not dress appropriately, he or she will either be privately asked to change clothes or be sent home. We never want to embarrass anyone. We understand that this may be a bit strict and that you may even have to go buy a few new things, but this is only one day a week for 11 weeks.
Please note – In the past, we have had students who would test the limits. If you are questioning whether an outfit meets the standards, please err on the side of conservative. It is not fun for us to confront these issues with students and parents. If a student repeatedly tests our policy every week, we will ask him/her to leave our co-op.
Forgive us for being so blunt in our descriptions below, but it has become necessary.
- No shortie shorts! Again…NO SHORTIE SHORTS! Only Bermudas, Capris or mid-thigh shorts. Any shorts that are shorter than the middle of the thigh of that particular child will be too short. Please note: some teen girls have very long legs and with that comes very long thighs. A pair of shorts that might fit one girl appropriately may not fit little Miss Long Legs appropriately. Moms, please help us with this!
- No tank tops, spaghetti straps or any shoulder-less shirts. All shirts must cover the shoulders! Capped sleeves are fine. If you do have a sleeveless shirt, you must wear a sweater or cover-up at all times.
- No tummies or back ends showing! In other words, your shirt and your pants must meet in the middle…no too highs (for the tops) and too lows (for the bottoms).
- No short skirts! All skirts or dresses need to be no shorter than knee length. We realize that we are allowing Bermudas to be a tad shorter, but Bermudas do not flair out like skirts. Please note that short skirts over leggings or pants are still NOT acceptable.
- No low-cut shirts that show low-cut things.
- No pants hanging low with underwear hanging out
- No tanktops
- No offensive t-shirts
- No exposing armpits or bellies, even in athletic classes
OUR ATHLETIC DRESS CODE:
We understand that children like to wear lighter clothing while doing athletics. However, they still need to be appropriate. If a student does not dress accordingly, he/she will be asked to change and/or sit out of class. The following applies to girls and boys of all ages:
- No skin-tight exercise biker shorts, unless covered by other shorts that are of appropriate length.
- No tank tops
- No shortie exercise shorts
- No skin-tight shirts
- Only t-shirts and mid-thigh gym shorts are allowed
- No exposing armpits or bellies
- *Girls-only dance classes do have exceptions
Again, it is the goal of Chosen Co-op to provide a happy, safe, and God-focused learning environment for our students. We hope to offer a place of grace and mercy, balanced with high standards. Please help us with this so we do not have to go to you! Thank you!
OUR POLICY ON SHADOWING:
Only registered students of Chosen Co-op are permitted to attend classes. We know that sometimes parents may find themselves responsible for a friend’s or relative’s child during co-op time. As much as we would absolutely love to have them shadow along with your child, it is our policy to not allow students who are not registered with the co-op to shadow. We really wish we could allow for this and understand that your child may want to bring a friend at times, but it places an extra burden on our teachers. Thank you very much for understanding!
ANSWERS REGARDING CLASS CHANGES:
If scheduling changes, cancellations, or withdrawals are requested after on-line registration closes, all materials fees may be NON-REFUNDABLE. Any cancellations or changes (which we highly discourage) MUST BE MADE BY THE END OF THE FIRST DAY. Once teachers are paid, we CANNOT refund any money.
You can also view Chosen Co-op’s full Family Manual.